Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Welcome to my new blog for elementary writing teachers!

Welcome! This is my first blog posting. I've created this blog for my class through Wright State University in Dayton, OH. This blog will be used to discuss books that can be used as "mentor" texts for writing.

Since I am an elementary teacher who has taught both third and fifth grades, I will focus on literature that can be used by third, fourth, and fifth grade teachers. Students learn about writing by reading good writers, then practicing with their own writing. The 6+1 Traits model is especially effective when students use mentor texts.

I will also post links that other teachers can follow for reference materials. There's lots of good information about being better writing teachers on the Internet, as well as published books.

Happy teaching and happy writing to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment